Dr. Kaonou Hang-Vue
VNA Scholarship Information
Education is a priority for our Vue families. A quality education is the cornerstone of improving the lives of our families and communities. The Vue National Association is hoping to provide several scholarships to be awarded next summer to Vue students to support their education.
- ● Naiskoo Nhia Pov Scholarship
○ Two $500 scholarships
● Dr. Touna Scholarship
○ $500 scholarship
● Former VNA Patham Adam Vue Scholarship
○ $500 scholarship
● Linda Vue Memorial Scholarships
○ Seven $500 Scholarships
The scholarships are competitive and the VNA scholarship committee will review each application and award scholarships based on established criteria. The amount of each scholarship will be dependent upon the funds received each year. The minimum requirements are:
- Senior in high school or just graduated from high school, enrolled in 2-4 year college/university, or a graduate student
- Member of the Vue Family (tub, ntxhais , or nyab Hmoob Vwj)
- Live in the United States
- One letter of recommendation from someone not related to you must accompany your application.
- You must submit a recent college/high school transcript. High school seniors must also submit a copy of your college acceptance letter.
- Complete the VNA Online Scholarship Application by June 30th, 2023.
- All scholarships will be awarded at the VNA Reunion the weekend of August 11-14,2023.
For Linda N. Vue Scholarship, in addition to the requirement above, candidates must also
be starting a young family. Applicants applying for technical programs are eligible to apply; it does not have to be a college or university. There is no GPA minimum. Candidates must also include a 250-500 word essay or short video recording answering the following question: What does family
mean to you? Share a memory about a family member who has impacted your life and motivated you to be a good person.
DONATE TO THE VNA SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Please note that the funding for these scholarships come from our Vue family and friends. Your financial contribution to these grants will allow our Vue students to continue receiving financial assistance from our Vue National Association. No amount is too small, any and all amounts are warmly accepted. The following are possible categories for donating:
- Platinum: $500.00+, if you give this amount, a scholarship will be created in your name (or someone you designate)
- Gold: $400.00-$499.00
- Silver: $200-$399
- Bronze: $100.00-$199.00
Your donation is tax exempt. Please make checks payable to Vue National Association:
Attention: Ms. Shoua Xiong Vue, VNA Treasurer
5151 W. Stoll Rd
Lansing, MI 48906
All Donors will be recognized at the VNA scholarship awards ceremony in which the scholarship recipients are announced. For more information or if you have questions regarding these scholarships, please contact Dr. Kaonou Hang-Vue, at (920) 242-9385 or email@example.com.